photo BlogButton_zpsf979d556.jpg  photo AboutMeButton_zps0d48ecc3.jpg  photo FinishesButton_zps92f1f16c.jpg  photo TutorialsButton_zps33a38379.jpg  photo RTQLabel_zps71a4ad0f.jpg

23 April 2014

Liberty Trip Layout Help!

I've finished all the blocks for my Liberty Trip quilt! This has got to be the fastest a quilt has ever come together for me! Usually it takes me months and months, and here I've got all the blocks ready to go in a week and a half! This quilt is made with a bunch of FQs from Liberty's Bloomsbury and Stile collections, which gave me just enough strips for 25 blocks.

I ended up piecing the batting from scraps and then I pinned it up on my wall, and now it's my design wall! Pretty McGuyver of me, if I do say so myself. I've arranged my blocks into several layouts and taken pictures so I can try to figure out which one I like the most. If you want to weigh in your opinions are more than welcome!

Layout 1:

Working on the Liberty Trip layout.
Off-center barn raising layout. 

Layout 2:

Working on the Liberty Trip layout.
Zig zags. 

Layout 3:

Working on the Liberty Trip layout.
Sort of like granny squares, or maybe just a scaled square layout. 
Any suggestions for other layouts are welcome too. As you can see, I'm still working on it:

Working on the Liberty Trip layout.
 'Pensive face'. This is what it's like quilting in a Brooklyn apartment.
Linking up to Freshly Pieced WiP Wednesday


6 comments:

  1. I think all the layouts are lovely. With the liberty fabric, you really can't go wrong. Good luck making a decision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uuuugggg, it's too hard to decide! I'll just leave it up as wall decor for a few months...

      Delete
  2. It's gorgeous any way you lay it out : ) Scrappy trips are great quilts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am a scrappy trip convert! Love how fast this came together!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I usually respond via email, if it's a good question I may respond here so everyone can benefit!