photo BlogButton_zpsf979d556.jpg  photo AboutMeButton_zps0d48ecc3.jpg  photo FinishesButton_zps92f1f16c.jpg  photo TutorialsButton_zps33a38379.jpg  photo RTQLabel_zps71a4ad0f.jpg

19 May 2014

Sewing Room and Laundry

This week in the Pack Patch Mini QAL the themes were sewing room and laundry room.

The laundry room guidelines were to use fabric with circle shapes on it. I was going to go polka dot crazy on this block (I love polka dots!), but then I spotted the how to iron fabric and thought...those are all rounded corners...and those dials - they're circles! I paired it with this liberty from the Stile collection because the blue curves made me think of foamy water - just like in the washing machine!


Laundry Room
Laundry room patch
The other prompt was to make a block inspired by our sewing room. My sewing 'room' is more like a nook on the way to the bedroom. We store miscelaneous stuff in there, and our bikes. Yay apartment living!

My sewing nook.
Sewing room/bike storage. 
I made a block that represents my sewing room and its other job using black and white notion themed fabric, and yellow bicycle themed fabric. My old bike was yellow (it experienced an untimely demise), so this is in homage to that cycle.  We were prompted to use up to 5 fabrics, and I chose 4 to make the block construction simpler. Plus, I had to draw the line somewhere!


Sewing Room
Bikes and sewing!

4 comments:

  1. Seeing the photo of your sewing space makes me really love your bikes and sewing block. So cool you could remember your old bike with the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sew in a nook too! It's cozy like yours and I like it. I can't wait to see what all those blocks together .... must have patience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I think we have the same sewing desk! I forget the name but it's the flippy side one from Ikea with drawers down the side? :D

    I love your laundry block. That instruction print is one of my favourites because it always makes me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By "down the side" I really meant "down the middle" lol!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I usually respond via email, if it's a good question I may respond here so everyone can benefit!